Thursday, July 8, 2010

This time the Lord closed a window and opened a big ole' door

The 'dream ' job fell through, just one thing after another not working out, til the Letter of Intent had expired (freeing me up to look elsewhere), and lo and behold I get a phone call from another school.



Positives:
1.  More Money
2.  Grad school tuition paid in full--none of this "take the course, pay for it and when you get the grade, we'll  reimburse you like the Dept of Corrections did.  These people pay the tuition right up front, no out of pocket for moi!
3.  New laptop, mine, for educational purposes,  for the duration
4.  Brand new housing complete with air conditioner!
5.  Hi speed internet 
6.  Matching  401 k 
7.  Complete medical benefits--including 300 annually to cover the services of a medicine man (and please don't get all Anglo  on me and look down your noses).  I have learned to value the counsel of the spiritual leaders out here and do not take this benefit lightly.

Negatives
1.  Just the teensiest bit remote--my mail now will be delivered and held for pick up at the Trading Post(Then again, the trading post is right there , and if we get snowed in, at least I can get coffee and eggs and laundry detergent.    If  I have the stuff to make an omlette, brew a pot of coffee and wash my clothes, I can go quite a long time)
2. 2 hours from Gallup--no running into Gallup for supper and/or a movie  after work.

As my Mom taught me, I made a list of positives and negatives. I signed the contract and am  moving next Sunday. 

2 comments:

  1. Wahoo!!! Glad to hear that you are employed, happy and excited about it all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. congratulations! Sounds like an adventure

    ReplyDelete