Saturday, July 17, 2010

Frontier Communications, a Thorn in My Side

1.  Prior to accepting my new position, I called to ensure that this staff housing had DSL available through the only phone company available.  I was assured that, indeed, dsl was available in the staff quarters.
2.  I signed the contract and a little over  two weeks ago, called to make arrangements for service installation on Monday, July 19
3.  Four  days ago, a 'customer service representative' called my cell phone which, as most of you know, does not work down here and left the message that there was no DSL available in that location,that the equipment had been order, I was on the waiting list, and did I want dial up while I waited?  Translation:  We didn't order any equipment until we had a client that we couldn't get to buy this bleeping dial up service.  They did NOT call the land line for which I pay them.
4.   Three days ago, when I checked my cell v/m messages, I called them back, declined dial up service.  They agreed to turn on my service on the 19 of July, but said they would not need to come into the house as those units were already pre-wired
5. I drove out last night with hanging clothes and kitchen supplies, walked through the unit and guess what?  No jacks anyplace
6.  I called the company this moirning and got yet another 'customer service' representative'.  Explained the issue.  He said, well, the appointment to turn on the service from the pole would still stand, but they'd need to drive back out the next day in order to come in and install jacks.  Say what?  Is he serious?  I am moving a good two hundred miles east of South dumb  ______________, and they are going to make two trips???? We haven't tossed enough petroleum product into the environment this summer?  These jokers have to make two trips? 

As we wound down our conversation, I asked Gary, my 'customer service representative'  where other places did Frontier Communications serve.  His response, and he was proud of this, 'Why we serve West Virginia, parts of the rural north east, in fact, we fill the communications needs of the rural niche of the market.'

Well, not too darned well. I'd say.  Then, I got to thinking....Since I was twenty one years old, I have lived in big cities, and I love big cities and love city people.  They will come running with their last dollar and their last clean shirt if you need it.  They will also tell you off good and proper and loud if they see you downtown shopping if you haven't paid you back.  Country people are much, much more low key.  They will also come running with money and clothes, but if you don't pay them back, they'll won't stay a word, just talk about you.  To everyone they know.BUT, they won't be loud when they do it.

I may have remained in the east too long, because just recently I was ranting about some perceived injustice, and my older brother said, 'Well, get a soap box, climb up on it and tell him what you think, sister.'  And I didn't think I was that loud.  Now, I'm thinking of of starting a face book page where people call in their issues with Frontier--betcha I'll get stories of poor service and obsolete equipment. 

1 comment:

  1. Hello Sally,
    My name is Stephanie Schifano and I work for Frontier Communications. If your issues have not yet been resolved I would welcome the opportunity to assist you. If you are all set that is fine too but I would welcome the opportunity to talk with you about your experience and provide feedback to the proper individuals at Frontier to ensure better customer experiences for all of our customers as we move forward.

    I can be reached on my phone at 585-777-7083 or via e-mail at stephanie.schifano@ftr.com.
    Thank you!
    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete